Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tony

Connect to C200HE over Devicenet

9 posts in this topic

Goodmorning all, I have a CJ1M with DRM21 master on network 1 and ETN11 on network 2 I can connect to the CJ1M over ethernet and internet with CX-programmer I have a C200HE with DRT21 slave on the same Devicenetwork Can I connect to the C200HE through the CJ1M over ethernet with CX-programmer? Thanx in advance, Toni

Hi Toni, I am affraid not. You can't access a PLC with programming software using Devicenet. The CJ1M is as far as you can go. Hope this answers your question.

Hello Tony (and PdL), Not too certain when using a DRT21, but you can gateway through to DRM21 units and CPM2*S* PLCs. E.g. PC ---> Ethernet ---> CJ1 (DRM) ---> DeviceNet ---> CJ1 (DRM). Hope this helps.

Really? I didn't know that... Sorry Toni, although it looks like a DRT won't work as anonymous says.

Hello Chaps, Done a little more investigating with this, and it should be possible to gateway to a DRT unit (the CPM2*S* is a slave device after all!) using CX-Programmer, upload / download / monitoring etc. The one caveat here is that the DeviceNet response time is pretty slow, so it may be that time-outs might occur. Hope this helps.

Amazing! I really jumped to soon on that one. By the way anonymous what series do you mean with CPM2*S* ?

Hello PdL, These are the little CPM2C units. They come in a variety of flavours, hence the 'wildcard' used in the title. E.g. CPM2C - S100C - DRT, or CPM2C - 10CDT1C - D etc... http://industrial.omron.eu/en/products/cat...ts/default.html Hope this helps!

Right, yes that helps