Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ee_tonykwok

DeviceNet Redundancy

3 posts in this topic

Dear all, Original system: 1 SLC505 and 1 1747-SDN Aim: built up redundancy of whole system. This mean 2 set of PLC(SLC505, 1747-SDN, 1747-BSN) Question: Did the remote module(communicate through DeviceNet) can communicate to 2 1747-SDN at the same time??Is it possible to do so?? If yes, how can i modify the DeviceNet??

Cannot comment how the SLC / Devicent redundancy system works, but with COntrolLogix and ControlNet both scanners are on the network but only one owns the adapters. The SRM or BSn in your case takes care of the configuration change to move ownership of adapters from one sn to the other.

You're not going to be able to get there from here easily. The 1747-BSN modules provide remote I/O scanner redundancy between two SLC controllers, but only for remote I/O devices that are on the RIO network. You cannot put a 1747-SDN in a remote chassis, nor does the 1747-BSN provide any kind of switchover management if you put a 1747-SDN in each of two SLC controller chassis. There is no built-in mechanism for connecting two 1747-SDN scanners to the same DeviceNet and running them as "hot backup" to one another. * This functionality has been built into the CompactLogix controllers and the 1769-SDN scanner modules, where it is called "warm standby", since it's not really a "hot backup" or "redundancy" system the way ControlLogix can be configured with ControlNet and System Redundancy Modules (SRM). * I have built "warm standby" systems using two SLC-5/05 and two 1747-SDN, but it requires a very in-depth understanding of DeviceNet architecture and configuration, as well as selection of devices that gracefully accept broken then re-established I/O connections. If you would like to discuss this method, please describe IN DETAIL your system, including posting the *.RSS file and *.DNT file.