Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ifriarod

Sending email and sms

4 posts in this topic

Hi to all here. I have been readed the enet module´s manual; but i can not get this work. My client is asking to me, if it is possible to get an e-mail message, in his inbox mail, from a plc (Clogix, Compactlogix, Siemen S7-300); when any fault happen on production lines. Can you tell any advice about how to get it? Other question: The same client ask me, if it is posible to send an SMS message to his mobile phone, again, when any fault happen. Is it possible? Thank for any help or any advice. Isaias Frias Rodriguez

The e-mail functions of many of the ControlLogix family controllers are described in Chapter 6 of the EtherNet/IP Module in Logix 5000 Control Systems user manual: ENET-UM001 The applications I have seen for SMS use a phone with an Internet e-mail address like 5558675309@sprintpcs.com. I'm not aware of applications using a phone or cellular modem directly for SMS messaging. Some users have spoken well of the e-mail capabilities of the S7 communication modules, but I have not used them.

Thnks Mr. Ken I have been readed the manual; and i did not understand; the examples in there. Thanks a lot. Isaias Frias Rguez

I know it has been almost a year since this post but I had a chance today to set up an 1756-L63 and send email from it to myself through an exchange server. The exanples found at http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1 worked right out of the box. I did have to edit the IP addresses and Card Slot info but that was expected. Note: the link requires tech connect to access.