Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
razi57

CITECT OPC Arrays with SIEMENS

3 posts in this topic

Hi all Can anyone please advise me about OPC Array tags? I'm using SIMATIC NET OPC server, and CITECT OPC Client (the latest OPC Driver, V1.15.18.001). Single Tags work perfectly (much faster even then the S7NT Protocol). But not so with Array tags.I've tried to implement the instructions written in the CITECT driver help, and in KB articles, but couldn't get a result. My definitions are: I/O Device Protocol: OPC1 (as is advised by the "Driver Help". Since SIMATIC OPC address format contains "[") Variable Tag: Data type – INT. Address - S7:[Connection_ID]DB450,INT768,18 (following the OPC.SimaticNET address format) This array address was checked with SIMATIC's OPC Scout, and is communicating perfectly. I've also tried the advised OPC parameters in my CITECT.INI file, and defined the arrays there. Again, with no success. Doe's anyone have a working example of the required proper definitions to get it going? Thanks

I'm currently working on a project involving Omron OPC Server and Citect SCADA OPC Client I also use arrays, I have found out that Citect doesn't support arrays with less than 10 elements You must also remember to type the adress string in Citect Tag right (!A[number of elements] after opc tag adress)

Thanks, but the syntax is different with Siemens, and this syntax is what I'm asking for.