Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bjcanning

RSView ME screen change question

5 posts in this topic

I am wanting to latch and unlatch bits in my ML1100 when changing to certain displays. I was just going to put an invisible button (and address it to the bit I want to control) on the screen and assign it to the same function key as the goto display button but RSView won't let me do that. Is there a simple way to do this? I want to use these bits later to turn on/off anamation. Thanks for everyone's help. Lots of wisdom on this forum.

That sounds like a good use for the a Macro (which sets tag values) that is executed when you open a display. The issues I've had with that approach is that you can't have the macro tied to multiple buttons, because it's actually executed by opening the display, not by a different display button. Also, it's not executed until the display opens, so if your animation is hiding objects, you'll see it briefly painted on the opening Display then vanishing. You can use the Macro on HMI Tags (that are only inside the RSView application) or with controller data elements.

I would make the text and back color the same as the screen background and set the border to "none". This way the button is still working on the screen. If you make a button "Invisible" through the animation it sort of just removes it from the screen making it non-functional.

The macro worked for what I was doing. Thanks for your help Ken.

Sorry BJCanning! I had to read your post again to get it. I'm glad Ken was on the ball.