Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rcshete

Flex I/O Terminal Base

2 posts in this topic

Can we use 1794-TB2 instead of 1794-TB3 for operating 1794-IB16 module? I do not need the +V and COM terminals for conecting the field wires since that arrangement has been already made in the panel on Terminals. I am asking because the Allen-Bradley I/O module Wiring Diagrams pdf Publication CIG-WD001B-EN-P – May 2005 does not show the TB2 base for IB16 installation. Thanks for any help. RCS

Only way to find out is to try it. However, all the information AB supplies suggests that the TB2's are strictly for output modules and never input modules. The biggest reason that I can see a need for a difference is that a TB3 base allows for having different power supply sources (with the same signal common) while a TB2 clearly only allows one source (common to all I/O). If the I/O module connector brings all 16 common +V sources to the I/O module (no reason that it wouldn't do this), then I don't see any reason electrically that you couldn't do what you suggest. Since it's all DC anyways, I don't see any harm in trying to do it and see if it works or not.