Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
encoder

RSView SE Display command ignored

4 posts in this topic

Small problem causing a big headache. I am running RSView SE 4.0 and want one of my displays to "popup" when a bit turns true. I have set this up as an event but when the bit turns true nothing happens in the client and in Studio I get a warning which says "the command "Display" is ignored when issued from a development environment or HMI server" Does anyone know why this is happening and how to get around it? thanks

Hi, DISPLAY command can be issued ONLY on a Client in RSView SE applications. Since EVENTS are executed on the Server, Display Command in an event action is not valid. A workaround could be to use VBA in a Screen that is displayed at all time like a Button Bar. This screen should NEVER close. The VBA of that screen could then check the value of a PLC Tag and issue the Display Command when the Tag value change to a certain value. I would try to use the TagGroup and Tag objects (See RSVSE Help for more information and exemples of the Tag and TagGroup Object) to detect a change in a PLC tag value. Regards

Hi, Yes I have discussed the VBA method and found the following to work I inserted a Numeric Display into a screen that is always open or every screen that would have focus. Then r-click add VBA and the following code ("Alarms Current" being the name of my display) Private Sub NumericDisplay3_Change() If NumbericDisplay3.Value = 1 Then Application.ExecuteCommand "Display Alarms Current" End Sub My display screen opens when the value goes high the only bug is that I receive a runtime script error in studio "Type mismatch" But its working.

Why not use the display status and control tags and have an error free back button controlled by PLC code? Leave it to A/B to make you program their HMI's with windows AND ladder. Surely you can still let the PLC read and write screen numbers directly? I am a novice with RSView Studio. Good Luck!