Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tragically1969

Fluke 125 Scopemeter BUS\Comms function

2 posts in this topic

HI, has anybody used a Fluke 125 Scopemeter, we are mainly interested in its BUS and comms testing capabilities i.e. modbus, RS-485, RS-232, Ethernet etc We are constantly coming up against problems on site and on commisioning in the factory and find ourselves effectivley working blind to diagnose problems with these types of connections How did you find it, easy to use, overkill for what you needed etc ?

Unfortunatly I own a 123. Unfortunatly, for I wish it was a 125... from the specs I read, it would be very helpfull. I can see the screens displaying good/bad status, with many details. I "find" these details by looking at the graphic and estimating freq, bits and timing... since this 125 model do it for us... yap, I'd get one if I didn't have this older model. For the PC interface, its mainly nice when you have to submit reports. It looks more professional, but the real usage is as a scope. With your PC you can retreive a frozen screen shot from the scope or you can datalog the channels... in very slow speed... somthing like a 4-20mA signal... not a realtime wave. Nice low freq scope! Nothing more, nothing less although its really portable. Batterie life is as for laptop... bullshit.