Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Dark_Dog

RSLogix

3 posts in this topic

Looking at a RSLogix system to do my control system. What I would like to know is what do I need in terms of software. I figure for local control I need the RSView Supervisory Edition as well as studio to develop graphics. The RSLogix software for the configuration/programming of the system. If I choose to send data through the local network I need the at least the ActiveX. Is there more stuff I need or less? My idea is this..local control at the station, remote control (if required) and viewing of the data remotely. Programming of the system and building of graphics. I would also like the remote viewing able to see the control graphically moving levels etc. So what products do I need?

What exactly is the "system"? Just a PLC? Sounds like you have an HMI of some sort, like possibly an RS VIEW 32 application? Is this an existing application or are you asking about a new application with a PLC and HMI?

THe system is new and it controls the level of liquid in a series of tanks/separtors by adjusting flow and removal of liquid. Need HMI and control system.