Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
semilogical

Unable to download new program to SLC-5/03

8 posts in this topic

I have an engineer in the field that is trying to download a program to a SLC-5/03. The process goes all the way through and comes up with: Download Failure. Below is the text of his email. Anyone experience this in the past? is there anything in the configuration that would prevent a download into the CPU ?? .. I have modified the program to take in the drain valve logic but cannot download … it goes all the way through the download phase and then says download failure ?? … strange … No problems uploading the program and going on-line but cannot download ….

not enough information to give an answer but if the program change is urgent why not use online editing and test each line in case something is inherently wrong in what has been written, daft question he has turned key to program position Edited by comeng

Is there a memory module located in the processor?

Your additions may have exceed the capacity of the plc. Just a guess, never actually encountered that error before.

I don't think it could have. I sent the program out from here with 11K left to use, all told we used about 5K, program and data tables included. We have addressed cable type, communications, keyswitch positioin, whether he is using a converter to use a USB as a Comm port. I even asked him if his laptop was using Vista as an OS. I gave him a list of things I would do as a last resort. He sent a replay that he would try in the morning, it was late in Russia so I think he wimped out for the night!!

just a wild guess ... any chance that you wrote the program for a processor with a HIGHER firmware revision than the actual processor in the field? ... maybe there's an "unrecognized" ladder logic instruction or newer program feature that won't "fit" in the processor with a LOWER revision ... like I said, just a wild guess ... never seen that particular problem before ...

I loaded the program here in the shop when we did the Factory Acceptance Test. I could do virtually anything with it I needed. There is a chance that the field guy has done that. I'll email him and see if he can check it.

Been there, done that... See the A-B Knowledge Base note "Download Failed! Could Not Get Processor Ownership." HTH! Susan Edited by ssommers