Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HEServis

Connect to FX2-ENET-ADP from PC

4 posts in this topic

I would like to find a method to read a small amount of D registers from a FX2N CPU with a FX2-ENET-ADP module to my PC. Now I use MX-components and VB, that works fine but I would like to use a method without the MX-components licence costs. I have some idea's: - It seems there is a FTP server on board the FX2-ENET-ADP on port 21. Can it be used? - It seems there is a KDE display manager on board the FX2-ENET-ADP. Is there a possibility to use that to read some data from my PLC. - Is there another licence free tool available. - Is it possible to use a serial to Ethernet tool and then communicate using a serial protocol on the PC side. Anyone an idea?

I have been struggling with the same issue. Only need to read a few registers and don't want to license MX componenet over and over for installs. I have been doing testing with Kepware and Wireshark, where I set up kepware to read one or more registers, and see what the data packets are by looking at wireshark capture. It is tedious but you can start to figure out what you would need to send to the enet module and what to expect back. If you explain what exacly you are looking at, I can see if any of my results would be helpful. Chuck

There is no FTP or any other access to the FX2NC-ENET-ADP. It's really just a serial to Ethernet converter.

There must be some type of access as there are a variety of third party tools ( like Kepware) that grant data access via the CPU front port or in the case of the ENET-ADP module through ethernet encapsulation. Seemingly Mitsubishi is only willing to grant the details of this protocol to certain entities, which means the rest of us are stuck trying to decode things if we want an ethernet conenction to an FX1S,1N,2N plc. This seems to go inline with Mitsuishi's general reluctance to develop ethernet interfaces. I have just recently come across the ethernet interfaces that iccdesigns has developed for the 700 series drives, and was shocked to find from my local Mitsu daler that Mits was going to charge almost double what ICC is selling the same board for direct. I have been talking to everyone I know at the regional level of Mitsu to try and understand the reluctance on publishing the various protocols, and the unusually high costs of ethernet interfaces for the Mits equipment, with little to no response. If ayone has any explanations on the behalf of Mits, I would love to hear them. In the meantime, I will continue to pick away at trying to figure out how to do it with what they offer in the cheapest way possible. Chuck