Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pineguy

PV900 & RSLogix

7 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have a PV 900 and a SLC 5/02. I have my Control Tag as ScreenNum = N13:0, My ladder logic says If N10:48/0 (push button), Move 9 into N13:0. This won't switch the screen to #9. In fact, while online, it won't even Move 9 into the address. When I override in the Datatable, it switches screens just fine. Any ideas?

For screen control you have two different control words One is for feedback for which screen is currently showing The second one is for changing the screen to a specific screen number I would say you a moving the 9 into feedback word not the controlling word. Remember to zero the control word after the screen has changed to your required screen otherwise the operator will not be able to navigate away from screen 9. I.e. when word 1 is same as word 2 move 0 into word 2 Cheers

I have N13:0 as my Control Tag and N10:13 as the Status tag. My ladder logic is moving 9 into N13:0. Remember , this works when I override in the data table. But N13:0 never gets updated by the Move. It's killin' me.

Post you code ( your .RSS file) and your PV file if you can.

It's look like a code problem. Maybe your move command is in a subroutine....did you call this subroutine? You can place a dummy coil for check if your rung is scanned: bst mov 9 N13:0 nxb ote b3:31/0 bnd *I suppose B3:31/0 is not used! If is used, use another coil. Like Leadcommander says, write 0 after the change. Here is a good rung to do that: EQU N13:0 N10:13 MOV 0 N713:0 [if you control tag = status tag, clear control tag] For more details we'll need your code.... godd luck

I think you've got it. Thanks man. I did make a new program (just to clean up the code) but I never called it. I figured it would just execute anyway. Tomorrow I wall add the JSR and let you know. If that doesn't work, I have no problem posting the code. Thanks again.