Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
misak

ml 1500 fault help

11 posts in this topic

hello , what i have to do to reset a major alarm from the CPU with out rslogix? the problem is that some time when they turn on the machine two output cards are off this is o curing the fault then i plug the laptop ( after 300 km i have done)i clear the fault and every ting ok!!!!! this have hapened twice in the last 2 months (the machine is working 12 hours every day)

what exactly is the fault you're getting? sounds to me like an intermittant problem with one of the output cards? but then again, you're probably noticing the outputs being off BECAUSE of the fault, not as the cause of it. Anyway, in answer to your question, I believe if you had a backup memory module with the program loaded, the program would re-load and clear the fault when power is cycled. That's the best way I can think of offhand to solve your problem

Try setting the S:1/8 bit. This will clear any existing faults and enter Run mode whenever power is cylced to the unit. (edited to fix) Edited by Alaric

A typo on his part I'm sure see pic, should be S:1/8

Yep, thats the bit I meant. Thanks Mickey .

Still would be nice to know what the fault code is? Have had a problem with this type of PLC where one of the latches for expansion IO was not fully latched in. This faulted the processor every now and then. Cheer

make use of RUN--REM---PROG toggle switch

RUN--REM---PROG toggle switch is located behind a door on the left side of the processor front panel Clear the fault by changing to PROG then to RUN to REM position