Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mfkuss

Setting up slider in RSView Studio

3 posts in this topic

Greeting all, I have been using the PV+ 1000's for a little over a year now, and I always use numeric inputs to pop-up a keypad and enter setpoints, alarm setpoints, etc... The nice thing about these is that it is a confirmation in itself that you want to make a change. For example, you have to push the object, type in a new number, then hit enter key to change a setpoint. There is no way that you are going to "bump" the screen or be tapping the screen saver off and accidentally change a setpoint. Now: A new customer wants to be able to change setpoints via sliders. Anyone know of a way to do this? I would like to have the appearance be a small object that looks like a button in which the label would read: Inlet Pressure S.P. XX.XX" w.c. Then pressing the "button" would pop-up a slider. Move the slider, hit enter, new value is written to the PLC. Any clues? Many thanks in advance! MK

The Sample Program I am attaching has two displays. Display Main and Display Slider_Popup. It runs in RSView Enterprise without any RSlinx connections. It uses only memory tags for now. See what you think. It should give you ideas. Puck_Vacuum_TEST.zip The Main Display shows the Permanent Value and the Sliders Temporary Value. It has buttons to popup the slider and to goto config or shutdown. The Slider Popup is a 0 to 1000 integer slider and a numeric display to show where slider is at. It also has cancel change or make change buttons. The set a tag Slider Update to 0 or 1 when exiting the popup. The popup has startup and shutdown macros. Startup Macro copies the Permanent Value to the Temporary and the SHutdown macro looks at the Slider Update tags and copies either permanent or temporary value to the permanent value.

Thanks Bob....will give it a try today or tomorrow and let you know how it works out!! MK