Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tunnysting

Logix 5000 controller properties

7 posts in this topic

Alright all, should be an easy one. Is there a way of changing the path under the file tab in controller properties? The file where the program is stored has been changed but I can't seem to change the path. Cheers.

go to tools ---> options change the default Project directory

I'll explain my problem a bit more, I could be asking wrong question. I have a folder on the pc where all the plc files are kept, when I save some files they back up to this folder with a BAK number. Some of the files don't back up with a BAK file. I've looked at the settings in the options and they are all set to the same directory C:\RSLogix 5000\Projects. Is there a setting where you specify where the BAK files go? Cheers

it go into folder where you have your main file can also specify how many backup file do you need maintain & also can enable disable automatic backup in tools ---> options

Is this option version specific? I can see it when I open a new project in the latest version but we use version 12 at plant was it available then? There is no option for backups under tools using version 12.

available from Ver 13

Thanks again Praveen. Some of the controllers are on v13 so these will be the ones backing up. I'll have to get round to upgrading al to v13. Cheers.