Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Noely

Printing Alarms From RS Me

4 posts in this topic

I have an application where I am printing out an alarm message when it occurs. The problem I'm having is that the text is too long for the page. I cannot press return or enter to make the text to dop one line when I am formatting the alarm message in RS Studio. Any ideas would be great

Are you using a printer hooked directly to the PVP? Printing the page that way will show the text exactly as it appears on the screen. It is just a pain trying to find the printer that will work. Only a couple of models of HP printer are compatable.

Do you know where I can find a list of HP printers that are compatable with PVP? thanks, drusso

Printers only need to be PCL 3 compliant. When I was sourcing 1 I rang HP and asked for a list of Compliant printer currently being sold. I also when to a local retailer that had a range of printers and just checked the specifications on the boxes. Found one and all worked well. Don't use the print screen option as this just print a bip map of the screen and is quiet large. Print using print alarm options and tick the dont display if not required to bring up an alarm window. If text is too long you will need to split over 2 alarms as I found no way of setting print lengths or sending a carriage return that worked. Still with some good code I got an excilent result with ******* line starting each print job then dat times and the batch information required printed then finishing with *********** as the last line. Other problem I had if I sent one print job through, it would print on one piece of paper and then form feed out of printer. Fix was hold till four print jobs were pending then send to printer or if one hour was up print jobs. This way I usually got four batches printed on one piece of paper.