Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tunnysting

Wallclock SCADA display

11 posts in this topic

Alright all, I want to display the date/time a tank was filled on our SCADA package in the form DAY/MONTH/YEAR - HOUR/MINUTE. I can get all the data from a GSV into several DINTs, my problem is how do I display this on the SCADA? I would like to have all the date in one STRING if possible if not anyway as long as it looks neat. Cheers.

Which SCADA package are you using?

I prefer not to convert into strings, have the datas is UDT refer directly in scada

Not sure what you mean Praveen, if I set up a UDT it won't it sill have to have an array? How can this be displayed on one line? Cheers

Date & time display contains five variables seperated by symbols , Symbols is typed on the screen in between the variables ex:- ##/##/## - ##/## After having this tag changing for other tanks is easy Convering Strings may lose leading zeros for this need to do string manipulation

I've done a bit of playing with a new program to post and show you how I am going about getting the date/time data. I think there will be an easier way so please let me know. I'm not a programmer so it's a bit messy. Also not sure when to update the GSVs for the wallclock, is this usually done on a periodic task? Let me know if you've any questions about the code. Cheers. Tank_Data_Test.ACD

convert attached L5K file to acd GSV gets all the date & time in to the UDT in one scan no need for other rungs & also modified the value transfering to tank time date using one instuction Tank_Data_Test.zip

Thanks for taking time out to help Praveen. Lee

Take a look at the technote 32962 It is not related to your application, but ACD files use date/time conversion to string that you can use.

Thanks Contr, now I've got more of an idea from yourself and Praveen I'll have more of a chance back at work tomorrow. Cheers, Lee.