Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tunnysting

RSView 32

8 posts in this topic

Alright all, I'm trying to open a graphic in RSView 32 to edit but I'm getting a pop up telling me: "Graphics: Logged on user does not have the security to open graphic!" I'm logged on pc as administrator and RSView hasn't asked me for a password. I've edited before with no problem. Any ideas?? Cheers.

RSView has its own security levels. You need to specifically login in RSView. This password may be something different from what your computer password will be. You can get a login prompt by opening the RSView command line and typing Login. If you do not know the user name and password or security level for a particular RSView screen you can try opening the security configuration in RSView. Whether you are successful at doing that will depend on whether the application programmer was thorough enough to include security on security configuration.

Cheers for quick reply Alaric. Been busy at work so just read it. I can't login as I'm using RSView works, I just open it, open the .rsv file and try and edit the display. Some displays seem to allow editing but others don't??? Do you think the designer will have locked some displays out somehow? Going to be difficult to contact them as they went bust about a year ago. DOH! Thanks Alaric.

Just been on knowledgebase and got the same reply as Alaric "Open the RSView32 command line (under the System folder in the Project Manager). From here, issue the LOGIN command and enter a username/password that has sufficient privileges to access the graphic." How do you open the command line? When I open works there aren't many options and none have anything to do with a command line from what I can see. Sorry if I'm being dumb.

Double click on command line under system. Here is a picture.

When this application is running in runtime mode certain screens are password protected. Any password protected screen is protected in both run-time mode and in edit mode in RSView works. The security level required to open a screen for editing is the same as or greater than what is required to open it in run-time. If you know the username and password that opens it in runtime then you are set. If not then you may be in for a more difficult time. Refering to the picture that Bob posted, observe that there is an option called User Accounts. If this feature has not been password protected by the original programmer you can attempt to create a new account for yourself with all security levels set. Then you will be able to open the screen for editing. If the User Accounts feature has had security added to it then you will have to have the user name and password. Period. The alternative is to completely delete the screen you want to edit from the application and create a new screen to take its place. Edited by Alaric

Thanks all, just tried with a login and it allowed me to edit. Easy when you know how!

Hey! Thanks