Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tinker

AB Cable needed

4 posts in this topic

What I have is a 1784 PCMK series B card for the lap top and I want to connect to the probe connection on the 1787-PLUG10R. What items do I need to make this happen? Edited by Tinker

nice picture. What device is the 1787-plug10R connecting to?

Round peg, squar-ish hole. 1784-PCMK/B connects your PC-card-enabled computer to several proprietary A-B network connections, depending on the cable you plug into it. It supports DH+ using the 1784-PCM5 and -PCM6 cables, DH485 using the 1784-PCM4 cable, and a PLC-2 front panel connection using the 1784-PCM2. The 1787-PLUG10R is a DeviceNet plug. For a DeviceNet interface, you need a serial 1770-KFD or the PC Card 1784-PCD card. The cable that connects the 1784-PCD DeviceNet card to the probe holes on the common open-style DeviceNet plugs is the 1787-PCABL.

Thanks for the help Ken and Bob. I went with the PC Card 1784-PCD with the 1787-PCABL cable. All is working great and much faster than using pass through on the SLC503. I ran out of memory on an 8k SLC503 so the next project is to swap it out with a 16k SLC503 and then back to the messaging project. Edited by Tinker