Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sadlerej

Panelview 1400e

5 posts in this topic

I have a panelview 1400e that is displaying the following message: APPLICATION LOADER FAILURE, FIRMWARE NOT FOUND AWAITING FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD FROM PCMCIA CARD OR SERIAL PORT" is there a way to download the firmware without getting into the configure screen. Thanks Ed Edited by sadlerej

Buddy I think you have some hardware failure. I don't think you even have the option to go to the configuration screen. If same message comes up after a power cycle you need to do as it says and download firware via the serial port. This is an unexpected message on a terminal that was running. I would more likely say you now have a faulty unit but you could try reloading the firware.

Gotta agree with the LC if this was a running system and nothing was done to it then you've got a hardware problem. If you were transferring a new app and lsot communication and then it showed up there might be hope. Try the serial firmware download, youv'e nothing to lose.

Thanks for your reply. We had a power outage on 3rd shift and when I came in the panelview 1400e had that message on it. I tried to download the firmware and the process advances until it gets to the actual firmware part of the process. Then it gives a timeout error, I can see (on the screen) that communications is made and that the old partition is being reset (by the way the firmware transfer program states that the partition is corrupted) once the memory partitions are erased the program tries to download the firmware that is when the process fails with the timeout error. I have tried all of the baud rates with same results. Thanks Ed

see this TN http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1