Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
louguite

Intouch & Cognex ID sensor

4 posts in this topic

Hi! I would like to connect a COGNEX ID reader to intouch 9.0 using serial communication port (RS232). How can I do to read data from the serial port on the SCADA? What is the intouch configuration to apply? Thanks

I have not done what you are trying to do, but I have done a serial Cognex application before with a Cognex camera. Read this article: http://www.mrplc.com/kb/index.php?page=ind...;id=72&c=20 The settings in the Cognex camera and hardware used will be about the same. You should be able to get an idea how to use the ascii from the camera to do what you need.

Thanks for your article but it's not what I'm looking for. I know that I can use a TCP/IP - RS232 converter but a direct wiring between PC & sensor would be better. Is there anybody who can help me to establish communication exchange between INTOUCH & DM100? It's really urgent.

If you know your sensor protocol, and you are programmer, you can write small application in Delphi, C or VB to get/send data into your sensor and then put data in one TXT file. later, you can write or read data into this TXT file through intouch. Hope it is clear.