Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mfkuss

Auto Logout in PV+

6 posts in this topic

I have an application built in RSView Studio, running in a PV+. Problem is this: When sitting in a secured screen, if auto logout happens, you are locked on the screen and cannot get out because the "return" button goes to a different secure screen. Does anyone know if you can write a small macro that will change the screen to a specific screen when an autologout occurs? Thanks

Can you stack two different "return" buttons where the visibility of one is based on the normal logged in status and the second is for a non-logged in person ( the inverse of the first one)? We do this with a visability formula like this: CurrentUserHasCode( A) OR CurrentUserHasCode( B) OR CurrentUserHasCode© Not sure what your security level was set to for the other screen, but this obviously works for levels "A", "B", or"C".

Add a return to Main Screen button to all your secure screens so if auotlog out happens they always can return to a non secure screen

There is a way, using the remote display global connection object. I can't remember it right off hand. I found it while looking through the knowledgebase on ABs site. If you setup the remote screen control to be based on who is logged in, then when the PV+ logs out it will switch to screen 3. It was something like that. i looked at my app. looking at Global Connections: under remote display number: If { User Level } == 0 then 3 else 0 For my app { User Level } is 0 if you are logged out. Screen number 3 is my login/logout screen Screen 0 means the PV+ screen buttons are in control. Hope this helps. Edited by pabeader

Do not make the "RETURN" button have a visibility property. Make it always there. All of the buttons you want to secure would have the visibility set to "USER=x" and would go away after the logout time has expired. I ran into the same issue.

Charlie, I think the problem with that is that it "returns" to a secured screen. The visibility was for two different return screens... one for logged in people and one for non-logged in security risks.