Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gravitar

2760-RB flexible interface module

4 posts in this topic

Just thought I'd mention to any of you that have the (mis)fortune to need to use one of these, I just finished a job that used them and I could help you get it set up if you would like. I found that the user manual is misleading, confusing, and in some places just plain false. The R-A knowledgebase wasn't much better, but I've been helping them clean that up over the last couple weeks :)

Welcome to the AB / Rockwell Beta Testing Team Gravitar. <LOL>

but wait it gets even better. I called tech support a number of times, and not surprisingly they couldn't dredge up anyone that knew the RB. Finally, I got a guy that said he would contact the division manager and get some assistance directly from them. He called back a couple hours later and said that the manager retired a year ago, and when he retired they closed the division! So there's noone left at A-B to support the product and I guess you're just "on your own" if you buy one. And the A-B salesman for the Ford plant couldn't believe we were still able to buy them :)

I worked on one, let's see.... seven years ago, that's the most recent, and I was depending on some dusty manuals and the memory of someone in Tech Support named Rhonda. I think A-B stopped making these modules fifteen years ago or so. Since these modules were principally used for ASCII interfaces, there are far smaller, cheaper, faster, and easier-to-use modules for modern platforms and for classic PLC-2 and PLC-5 controllers. I'd say that's the opposite of "beta testing". So thanks, gravitar, for contributing to the historical knowledge on these. I am also amazed that you can buy a 2760-RB module today.... are you sure you didn't get it as a "custom classic" or from a third party rebuilder ?