Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
derama2

Panel View Plus 700 Screen Changes

9 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a Panel View Plus 700 with a program currently going on it. I need to get that program and make changes to it. I have purchased RSview ME Station and RS Studio but I don't have much experience with it. I thought I saw somewhere I that I wouldn't be able to make changes if I wasn't the person that created the original. Is that true? What do I do?! Thanks, Cindy

I haven't worked mush with the panelview plus, but if you check the user manuals in the AB literature library and talk with your distributors tech saleman you should be able to upload the program from the unit and change it. Barring the OEM having secured it.

As long as you have the right version of RSView Studio, there is no reason why you can't assess the .apa file on the PanelView. All you have to do is to upload the file from the PanelView if you can't get the original file from the supplier.

IF the .apa was loaded to the PV+ Not a very common thing to do. Without the .apa, the OP is screwed as far as anyone I have talked to (AB Techs) is concerned. The problem, as it was explained to me is that the .mer that is pushed to the PV+ is a 'compiled' file. It contains none of the underlying structure that makes editing possible. This the the exact reason that we spec the machine supplier provide us with the .apa and the .mer files. Depending on the complexity of the HMI screens. I would probably start from scratch. Edited by pabeader

Refer to this thread at another site for possible clues in recovering MOST of the project (I believe the alarms are lost).

How can you load the .apa file into the Panelview? If you do this I would be interested in doing it with the several Panelviews I am currently developing.

the .apa file needs converting into a Runtime application this is the .mer file. When using RS View ME and you finish developing the application you select "create runtime application". This converts the .apa file into a .mer. Then using the transfer utility you can download the .mer file If you just wanted to hold the apa. file in the panel view, you could remove the internal flsah card and using a flash card reader/writer copy the .apa file onto it. the .mer files are in a folder called runtime. try creating an other folder like back_up. I feel this is a bit over the top to hold a back up. and i just store them in serveral places like company server, pendrive etc. Hope that helps myles Edited by Myles

Hey thanks, I downloaded the .mer file from the panel view and did everything that was instructed on that thread. It seemed to be working, and then when I opened the application in RS Studio, it said "cannot open HMI Station" or some message similar to that and the application opened but had nothing in it. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I messing up a step?