Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gazzr

RSLogix 500 Demo?

5 posts in this topic

Hi, does anybody know where to find the free download of RSLogix 500 on the AB website? The uk site has a link to "take you to the download site" - can I find it? NO I requested it on CD about 2 weeks ago, but as yet still no sign, so if anybody could supply a link to the actual file download, it would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Check out our AB FAQ. It has a link to a version of RsLogix 500 that will work with the 10 point Micrologix along with some demos http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=6401

I followed that link without any success. Takes you to a page that requires you to register, which I did. Then still couldn't find it.

Information requested or needed: 1. Where can I find the free software for the 10 point Micrologix (1761L10BXB) processors? Note: The software is similar to the RS Logix 500 Starter Edition. 2. What cables are needed? -- 1761-CBL-PM02 3. What other software is needed? -- RSLinx Lite Software 4. What operating system is required? One of the following: Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, or Windows XP. Note. RSLinx is not supported in Windows 95. Keywords = free micrologix software programming Results, Locations, or related Information : Go to the Rockwell Software Web Site: http://support.rockwellautomation.com/ Then choose "software updates" which is on the right side -If you are not registered for MY SUPPORT, please sign up (It's free). -If you are already registered for MY SUPPORT, then please login. -choose RSLogix 500 and click the SUBMIT button as shown in example: -Click on RS Logix 500 Starter for 10 point MicroLogix 1000 Programming Software as shown in example: -Enter First and Last name and click "Qualify for Update" -Click checkbox for : All 'core fileset' files and then click "DOWNLOAD SELECTED" button as shown in example: -Allow download manager applet to run and you may Save All To any location to your hardrive; otherwise the software will go to the C:\Rockwell Web Downloads\9324RL0050ENE Folder. -When the download finishes, run the exe and a new folder with a setup.exe can be run to install the software. RSLinx Lite instructions: RSLinx Lite software is obtained the same way: here are some screen captures: Choose RSLinx under Communications section and click submit Click on RSLinx Lite Software, Qualify screen will appear, enter name and click qualify. Check All Core files and choose Download selected: RSLinx Lite will also allow you to select a download location on your harddrive. Running Setup.exe will begin install. NOTE: The software offered is a free edition that supports the Micrologix 10 point controller (1761L10BXB). Technical Support is not provided with this edition. http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1

Simple ! (Thanks) Edited by Gazzr