Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coltonk

RSVIEW ME - Pushbutton question

8 posts in this topic

For a momentary pushbutton, there is a state 0, state 1, & error. What is the error do and how do you use it? I dont know of anyone that uses this.

This is going off of memory, but you usually will not see the error state on a pushbutton. When you will see it is if you have a READ tag assigned to the indicator of the pushbutton. Then, if for any reason the Panelview Plus can't read the tag from the controller, the error state will be displayed. I wouldn't dress up this state, leave the ugly default error state because it stands out and will show that there is obviously an error

Maybe Im trying to do the wrong thing. What I want to do is make the start button flash in a different color if a motor does not start. I have a momentary p.b. for start and a momentary p.b. for stop. The software is RSlogix5000. In the ladder logic I set a fault bit if the motor AUX input does not change state within 3 seconds of pressing the start p.b. on a panelview 1000+. Any suggestions??

For a momentary pushbutton, there is a state 0, state 1, & error. What is the error do and how do you use it? I dont know of anyone that uses this. What I want to do is make the start button flash in a different color if a motor does not start. I have a momentary p.b. for start and a momentary p.b. for stop. The software is RSlogix5000. In the ladder logic I set a fault bit if the motor AUX input does not change state within 3 seconds of pressing the start p.b. on a panelview 1000+. Any suggestions??

Push button error state -> When reference tag don't exist in the plc or when the plc is offline (maybe in program mode too), error state will be displayed on HMI. For your application, a easy way is to set transparent background in you mom.push button (see picture) and draw a square in front of your mom.push button. Then right clic on the square and select animation --> color. You will be able to change color for 16 states with blink option for each. You should use a dint (or int) tag who refer to color you want to display. Your program must change the value of your tag in relation of the color you want to show. By default, state A is 0 state B is 1 and state C is No value, just clic on C and then write a value in Value box. good luck! Edited by slcman

Ive only set tags to things like pushbutton(I'm kinda new to RSVIEW ME), never to an graphics drawing. I see what your doing in your previous post!!!.. Can you explain how/where to enter the tag for this graphic image??

First, draw a shape with object -> drawing menu (you can use toolbar [picture]). For example a rectangle. You can double clic on your rectangle for edit position and size (good for fine tunning position)[picture] Next, if you want to create animation for rectangle, right clic and select animation. Now you can move a object, hide object, change color, fill ect.. You must assign a tag with each animation. For enter a tag, just clic on tag button [picture] and browse the tag you want to use. If you use Bool tag, only two stade are used 0 & 1. But if you use Dint you can use more value (0-1-2-3-ect) I think the best way to learn animation is to test it! Edited by slcman

It is very common to use a colored object or square in HMI's to show state. Here are the ones that I've seen used extensively in a chemical plant before: green = "running" red = "stopped" yellow = "acknowledged alarm" flashing yellow = "unacknowledged alarm" However, I currently use this revised list: green = "running" dark grey = "stopped" red = "fault" (stopped) yellow = "warning" flashing = unacknowledged blue/orange/others = anything like valves that doesn't clearly have a "good/bad" meaning The reason for this is that people tend to associate red with "bad". If you've got equipment that should always be running, this is OK. When you have some equipment that should be running and some that shouldn't, the green/red thing is more confusing. Since I use neutrals (greys and blacks) for static (non-live) objects as well, it is clear that the equipment is not running. I just reserve dark grey for non-running equipment. In two plants at least that I'm aware of, this really got turned on it's head. In one plant, green meant "good" and red meant "bad", regardless of the state of the equipment. In another one, they used it as a sort of "lockout" indication. Green meant "safe" (as in not running) and red meant "not safe". With those colors in mind, the easiest way to do it is to put a box behind your other graphics such as push buttons. Then simply change the color of the box to indicate state. Three other things to keep in mind that are very useful to have: 1. Highlight the push buttons themselves with green/red and grey, SEPARATE from the motor. This will indicate to the operator very clearly that the PLC is recognizing the operator input but that the auxiliary contact (or pressure sensor or whatever) is not being received. When troubleshooting, you will hear "motor not starting" and "button not working" instead of "motor doesn't work". 2. As hinted at above, use alarm/acknowledge states. Flash things to make them obvious on the screen, and then stop flashing once the operator does something to make it go away (but still highlight the fact that an alarm condition exists). I like alarm lists but those are supplemental. 3. Similar to button state...make it obvious when something is in "manual" vs. "automatic" if you use those.