Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mulderm

CP 243-1 and ethernet

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a S7-200 with a Ethernet-module CP243-1 installed at home. On my notebook I have a pcmcia-network card and installed Microwin V4.0. So I can programming the S7-224 cpu and can see the online-status of the program using the ethernet-connection from my notebook to the CP243-1. It works excellent! Now I want program and see the online-status of the cpu on an other place then at home example a holiday-adress or by the neighbour. So I must plug my network-connection of my notebook to the internet from my neighbour and make a connection from the CP243-1 to my router at home. Is this possible? Can I program and see the online-status of the cpu anywhere example on a holiday-adres with Internet-connection? Who know the answer? Greetings, mulderm

You can access the module from other locations, provided your router at home is set up to forward the right data ports to the PLC module. Most home routers come set to block incoming traffic. Point the incoming traffic on specific ports to the Ethernet module's IP address and you should be able to do it. But keep in mind, once the Internet is involved, who knows what routers are or are not passing data through.

Crossbow, But what is the Port-number for the port-forwarding of my virtual server from my router? mulderm

Check the manual for the Ethernet module, I think it's detailed in there.