Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mmervenne

GE Quickpanel Scripting

4 posts in this topic

Hello all I am new to GE and new to scripting. I have a script that i am using to send strings out of the serial portof the HMI. Everything works fine except that I would like to put a delay between the strings as they are sent. For Example, send string1, wait 0.5 sec, send string2. I cant seem to find a time delay anywhere in the help files. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Open the "ToolChest" window and the "View Scripting Drawer" select "Sleep" or "WaitUntil" and consult the "Companion" window. For more information on a topic select the topic (i.e. "Sleep") and press "F1". Edited by RussB

Thanks for the reply Russ, I am still getting an error, please note that i am using VBScript, not viewscript. Any idea how to do this in VBScript?

These are the steps I want to put a pause between View.ComPortPut 1, chr(1) & chr(2) & "T01" & CPN & chr(3) & chr(4) View.ComPortPut 1, chr(1) & chr(2) & "T02" & CCN & chr(3) & chr(4) View.ComPortPut 1, chr(1) & chr(2) & "T03" & SDN & chr(3) & chr(4) View.ComPortPut 1, chr(1) & chr(2) & "T04" & VN & chr(3) & chr(4) View.ComPortPut 1, chr(1) & chr(2) & "T05" & PKN & chr(3) & chr(4) View.ComPortPut 1, chr(1) & chr(2) & "T06" & JDN & chr(3) & chr(4) View.ComPortPut 1, chr(1) & chr(2) & "T08" & CPN & CCN & SDN & chr(3) & chr(4)