Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zeussix

Problem with Quantum 424

4 posts in this topic

Hello I would like to know if anyone can help me with this. I have a quantum 424 processor that lost its memory while running. I am using the Proworks nxt software trying to reprogram the processor. When attempting to program at 9600 8 N 1 comm settings i get the dim awareness warning box and then it comes up with a CRC error. If I change to 19200 i lose the CRC error and when it tries to load the program it comes up with a database mismatch that indicates unknown PLC. I would like to know if the processor is bad or is there a way i could recover from this. Thanks in advance for any help

Dim awareness is the PLC telling you it's lost it's program. Just like a brand new PLC, nothing loaded in it. Those are the settings you want, you just need to download your program. Then the dim awareness will go away. But then those PLCs were pretty dim anyways, so I always thought that term was appropriate.

When the database mismatch message box is up the write button is greyed out so i cant seem to download the program. Is it normal for this processor to come up as unkown PLC before its programed ?

If you still have trouble, initialize logic.