Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beegee

ethernet comms with NSJ controller

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm in a project where I will be using an TJ1 and I would consider using a NSJ to interface with the TJ1. I want to use the controller of the NSJ to do some simple machine gestion, and I will probably need some communication between the TJ1 and the controller (also for conditional logging). Both TJ1 and NSJ have ethernet. Does anybody knows how I can get data from the TJ1 to the controller of the NSJ. Thx Beegee

By TJ1 I suppose you mean Trajexia Motion Controller. You can communicate over ethernet using Omron FINS protocol (Factory Interface Network Service). For more information, see attached Programming manual of Trajexia. Trajexia Programming Manual Edited by swordfish

the problem is that I am not able to set the routing tables: If I need something from the trajexia into the PLC I need to have routing tables (the ethernet is actually on the NS and is not a known network on the PLC as far as I know) TJ1---------(Ethernet with net No)---------NS(NSJ)------------(internal bus no net No)------------PLC(NSJ) or can I just address the PLC with the node number of the NS on ethernet?

Hi Beegee There's a TrajeXia driver planned for the NS to allow direct connection. I'll try and find out a release date. In the mean time, can you use Hostlink - I think the TJ1's serial port can be set to a hostlink slave. Cheers, Pp

Perhaps this document will help /BR NSJ_Routing.pdf

Thanx swordfish, I'll try it with those settings....