Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gtsuport

NS Data Blocks/Recipes

2 posts in this topic

Hello All, I have a customer that wants to have 5000 recipes in an NS screen (new unit system version 6.6). Customer has a few issues with the way the NS deals with things. And I have not worked with the data blocks. Is there any way to "search" or "sort" to find a record by the "record lable"? Is there a way to let the plc know which record is currently selected? If using a command button and numeral input objects to write the field info to the data block, the field information does not update on screen. Any way to have the fields update? I know there are string handling instructions in the CJ1/CS1 processors. Is there a way to allow the processor to access the memory card in the NS to manipulate the csv file? So many questions. I did look at Jay's download for NS data blocks but did not see these questions addressed. Thank you for any assistance. It will be appreciated. gtsuport

My experience is that when I need some advanced data table search, in order to make less plc programming i use data block tables but after a while a realize that it's functionality is not enough. so I switch to plc and make data tables in it's memory and I use cj/cs advanced database commands. in NS I only use simple table to view data and that is all. regards Edited by tashinz