Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparkotronic

Correct WinCC version?

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm looking for a bit of help again! I'm having difficulty opening a project in WinCC Flexible. I am using the project file supplied by the machine manufacturer. It looks ok in the S7 project, but when I try and access a screen I get this message: "This project was created with an incompattable program version. It was last opened with version K1.1 service pack 1. Open the project with the correct WinCC version." It sounds straight forward enough, The manufacturer says that it was created with the same version that we have and my manager insists that we have the most up to date version. I've attached various pictures showing the error message, the about WinCC screen and the versions installed. Thanks in advance for your help! Edited by sparkotronic

Hi sparkotronic. Like it says in the message box, you need at least 2005 SP1. You have 2005 HF1. The most current version is 2005 SP1 HF7. You can download servicepacks and hotfixes from Siemens support site. The downloads are huge, so if your internet connection is slow, you can order a not so expensive disk with the update files.

Thanks for that, I'll download it here and take it in to work. Another quickie! I've been told that Defraging the hard drive on my PG will affect my Siemens authorisation, is this true? If so, how do you get around it? and will installing updates affect this also? Cheers, Colin

No. The licenses and the software itself are not directly affected by each other.

Last question for just now! Is this the correct update, I'm quite fearless on my own PC, but the works PG is shared so I dont want to break it! http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/l...amp;treeLang=en Thanks again, Colin

There is a Service Pack 1 for WinCC Flexible 2005. That is the one you need to open the project. Additionally there is Hotfix 7 for WinCC Flexible 2005 SP1.

Thanks for the help, update installed and I managed to delete the licence manager in the process! All sorted now and it works a treat! Cheers, Colin