Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alex1277

Omron servo drive problem

3 posts in this topic

Hi to all! I got hardware problem with Servo Drive (R7D-AP04). Instead of max 235VAC (as manual stays)it was powered up with 255V( 220V plug pulls out almost 260 V because of transformer never been adjusted ) Now I am getting error code A40(overvoltage) occurs when power supply is turned ON. This error does not reset. Looks like main-circuit power supply is damaged. I believe it is possible to fix "at field" instead of replacment this quite expensive unit. I have no time to go throughout cycle board. May be someone has an experience with it? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

the max voltage of a smartstep R7D-APXX is 253VAC so probably you went higher. You might have had problems with the load inertia, creating a high voltage while braking. You should check this also. I think replacing it will be fastest and cheapest (price should be about 500€) Typically Omron repairs it much cheaper (in Europe within 1 week and for such problems probably 100-200€. If you want to go into the board, be aware , most components are SMD...