Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
don

RSLinx Ethernet Driver and Wired/Wireless Connection

4 posts in this topic

I can use the ETHIP to connect to multiple processors using a hard wired cable if I disable my wireless ethernet port. Likewise I can surf the internet using my wireless connection if I disable the wired ethernet port. If both are enabled, I can fool around with the binding and do one thing or the other, but not both without going through the enable/disable procedure. I tried bridging them via Windows XP network setting, but then nothing works. Is there some setup that allows both to work without disabling one or the other? Some specifics: Windows XP Pro RSLinx 2.50.00.20 cpr 7 All A-B devices on wired ethernet are 172.20.1.XX Thaks in advance.

Make different sub net mask, IP group for wireless & wired ethernet port

OK - so where do you do this? Some more info Current network settings: Wired IP Address: 172.20.1.254 Subnet: 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway: 172.20.1.1 Wireless is set to obtain IP address automatically, but looking at ipconfig yields: IP Address: 160.18.133.125 Subnet: 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway: 160.18.133.125

In your Local Area Connection Status-Local Area Connection Properties-Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties-Alternate Configuration: I set one network setting that I use a USB to Ethernet adapter to talk to PLC's and under the General tab I configure my main network settings to use the inbuilt Ethernet port. This way I can have 2 networks going at the same time. Alan.