Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ECSI

CX-One v1.1 upgrade to v2.04

7 posts in this topic

I've seen a few posts recently where people are having troubles upgrading CX-One. I just received version 2.04 and am ready to install it. So, what is the better way to do this upgrade? Should I remove version 1.1 first and do a clean install with v2.04, or should I just install v2.04 over v1.1? I figured I'd ask first to avoid any unnecessay pain. Thanks

I had no problems with installing an earlier version of CX-One V2 - it went smoothly on my main PC and laptop. I have since updated everything from the European web site without any problems.

it's allways better to perform clean install, so uninstall previous version and then run setup 2.04. though the installation program will perform uninstall of the previous version of cx-one it won't uninstall all programs from cx-one 1.1 - as I can remember. anyway, uninstall old and then install new. regards

Maybe so but CX-One does not really have a proper uninstaller. Have done that and had to clean absolute heaps of stuff out of the registry. Pain in the A.

Well, on the advice of Omron Tech Support I installed v2.04 without uninstalling v1.1 first. Everything went well, it automatically uninstalled v1.1 before installing the new version. It only took about 20 minutes for the complete process...awesome! Last month I installed Siemens MicroWIN on two laptops and it took about 90 minutes each...BLAH!!

Siemens sucks definitely. i was bugging with WinCC for some time it's a pain and can do less. Omron rules.

Should carry on completely first instead installs CX-ONE 1.1 The OMRON counter-installment special-purpose tool, not yet releases immediately Edited by koshuchung