Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sherwin_tan

Cicode utility

9 posts in this topic

Hi to all, does anyone have a cicode utility to view the program in different colors just like visual basic? thanks a lot and it will be greatly appreciated. thanks, Sherwin

The Cicode editor included in V5 versions does distinquish functions, parameters and constants already with colors. You can even define your own colors and font format at the View > Preferences menu. This not enough ?

I'm sorry but i could not find the Preference from the View menu... i attach in here the screen....the cicode editor version that i have is 5.31.00.. thanks a lot. Sherwin untitled.bmp

I don't know about the compability of Cicode files saved with v5.4 / v5.5, and if they can be used with v5.3. If they are compatible you could run a separate 5.4/5.5 installation to edit your Cicode files. You could upgrade to 5.4 / 5.5 completely but it will depend on which version the hardlock is licensed to if you can run this version. (check this by running Citect Key Update from the Citect Explorer help menu) Are you registered at the Citect e-mail users list ? If not, signup for a MyCitect account at, login and subscribe.

i tried updating my hardware key but its asking me for an authorization code.. i had a mycitect account....does it mean that its automatic for citect email user list? thanks again, Sherwin

No. You have to apply for the users list separately at your mycitect account. Once logged in, go to email lists > Subscribe/Unsubscribe.

try "Ed for Windows" it's a programming editor which supports colour syntax highlighting, back before Citect v5 , Citect themselves recommended using "Ed" for exactly that reason. I think the company is called "Soft as it gets"

ED for Windows 30 day trial.