Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikecham

Ethernet

4 posts in this topic

I'm interested in networking a group of FX1S PLCs. Essentially, I would like to remotely monitor the status of machines from any office computer. So far, it seems that I need to add a FX2NC-ENET-ADP board to my PLC. I would like write a generic user interface so that any office PC could view the status. Can I use Java code as my front end or am I looking at this the wrong way? Thank you.

The FX2NC-ENET-ADP is really designed for use with an OPC Server or with the PLC programming software. It doesn't really have a communication language for talking to Java. It's not a webserver module, but a serial to Ethernet gateway.

Crossbow, What would be my best direction to remotely monitor my PLCs without using GXDEV? Also, is it better to use a more powerful PLC series such as the FX3? Thank you.

The FX3U-ENET module has far more capabilities, such as PLC to PLC communications and email support. It would be a better fit. On the PC end, use an OPC Server to collect the data, and then ActiveX controls and VBA can be used to log the data.