Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PlasticsDude

need example RTD / PWM program

2 posts in this topic

I'd love to see a sample program snippet showing data coming in via an EM231 from a 100 ohm RTD being fed into a control loop which uses pulse width modulation (on/off control) of one of the pulsed outputs to control an electric resistance heater (through SSR's). Does anybody have anything like this? Thanks so much!

Hi, In mean tiem I should prepare very similar project. It is label making for wooden Europalets. Working temperature for those labelers is 500Celsius. Problem is that heating elements often burn out, I think because of big difference in temperatures on/of. First of all you should use simistors. If there are good simistors they have control and switching on when AC is on "0". So minimum pulse what you have is equil 50Hz. Do not use PWM vizard included in microwin.I think it is prepared for other purposes. Main point of it how cumulative is heater... And how quickly we should operate it...to heat up...or acuracy of temperature To clear all those technical points - aftewards programing will be simple... Ramunas