Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Automation_Tech

New application

4 posts in this topic

New project and I need a little advice I need to display a percentage value on a display the value should be in the mid to high 90’s... 94.5 to 99.9 This is the display that I was considering using DISPLAY Via Modbus TCP/IP, I have a DL06 that I will be using (its already on enet), I don’t know much about communication over the either net (other then per to per, that was easy) they also offer this with a 232 port or 485, but I thought e-net would be better? Anyone ever do anything like this, would you like to share?? Do you think it would work??

Ethernet, RS232 or RS485 are all good choices for a single display. How far is the display from your plc is the main question. It can work. the advertisement doesn't specifically say that it uses Modbus tcp/ip. I would call them and check just to make sure. I have used modbus tcp/ip but not with the DL06. Maybe someone else can give you some pointers.

Hi Gerry, I got into a little more detail about the project on PLCS here , what I'm thinking is that I can force a ascii output, just a generic 'out', like I said I have not done much communication other then PLC to PLC, thanks for the response Edited by Automation_Tech

That sounds reasonable to use simple ascii over the serial port. I have done this with a computer and the WinPLC but not any of the DL05-DL400 plcs, so I can't really help but it sounds like Bernie has some good pointers on PLCS. I am Gerry M, with a space, on PLCS.