Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill Linne

Dual Screen "Bug" in RSLogix5K?

6 posts in this topic

Running 5K on a dual-screen PC under XP. When 5K is open on the primary screen, all is fine (maximized or less than full screen). Two identical Samsung SyncMaster 940Be displays. To make more room for logic, I tried stretching the left edge of the screen over onto the secondary display monitor, which it will do. But when any item on the secondary screen is double-clicked, it only highlights; no action results. Example: Try to switch from the "Alarm Handling" subroutine to the "Totalizers" subroutine. Totalizers highlights, but nothing changes on the primary screen where the actual logic is being displayed. If I drag the ENTIRE 5K screen to the secondary monitor, the same reduced functionality prevails. Looks nice; does nothing. Got me scratchin! Any ideas? Thanks, Bill

Logix5000 has known problems with dual screen setups if secondary display is on the left. I am not aware of any issues with secondary on the right - i am running 2 PCs like this.

Whoda thunkit! Well, that is a simple enough solution. Thank you very much! Bill

And here I thought it was a problem with second screen no matter what. I'll have to try it with second on the right.

Me, too. I've made the change and it works great! Now I just gotta get used to the new orientation, but that's a small price to pay. I'm a happy camper, now !