Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimdi4

Creating a Program w/o an I/O configuration

5 posts in this topic

Any Insite would be helpful.... I need to create a Logic Diagram utilizing Contrologix5K. I am going to program a typical system that I use for our equipment to give to our customer that will then be used by the customer to configure (or program) his DCS system...NO PLC involved at all..... I want to use the Contrologix ver 15.00 platform but when I add a tag created in the Controller tags list for a LIM instruction I get an invalid device error...."Tag doesn't reference valid object or target" Anyone use a DUMMY I/O device or configuartion to "FOOL" the Insructions so that you can program w/o a device configuration? Edit - Just attempted to change controller to an emulator, but this didn't work....I may have to add Fake I/O devices to get by....????? Edited by jimdi4

Sounds to me like the TYPE of tag you are using is invalid. The Instruction Help file lists SINT, INT, DINT, and REAL as valid tag types for this instruction. I just added a LIM instruction to a file that has no I/O configured and had no trouble. Bill

Ok, I see what is happening here, Bill, you were partially correct, the tag was causing the problem, thats because I was importing tags from a previous project that had "alias" refernces to real I/O points, I re-did the spreadsheet, and reimported it, and whala its cool now!!! Edited by jimdi4

Cool. Glad it was that easy! Bill

Glad you got it going. This is one of the great advantagges of 5K. You can right the program with tags not knowing the final i/o format {Discrete, CNET, DNET, RIo, etc.} and map at installation.