Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
netdomain

STEP & DIRECTION DRIVE WITH MITSUBISHI MOTION MODULE

5 posts in this topic

Hi All, Can anyone help me out with the wiring of a Mitsubishi Motion Module? I am using a third party drive, which takes the following input from an indexer: DIR+ DIR- STEP+ STEP- Now I want that to connect with a QD70P4 Motion Module, Pulse Train Output. It has the following outputs PULSE F PULSE COM PULSE N PULSE COM How do I connect this motion module with my drive now? Anyone has any ideas? Thankyou in advance.

here's an example drawing they supplied in manual, but I am still confused on how to connect that motion module with this drive. I am wondering if I should use differencial output motion module or go with Open Collector Type module.

It looks like you are using dual stepper drive from Applied Motion products. I was using same thing on one small job a while ago and PLC was FX1S-30MT-ES/UL. All you need to know is in the manuals (see 2035XD manual, page 9 for example). inputs of the 2035XD are for 5V. All I/Os of the 2035DX are isolated (as shown in the same manual) and brought to separate terminals so they can be wired for either sink or source. Manual for positioner card is IB_NA_0800169E-D (check www.meau.com download section). It says that outputs of that card are good for 4.75..30VDC and since both 5V and 24V are in that range, you can choose either (I skiped additional 5V power supply and decided to stay with 24V since it's already there). BUT...!!!... In that case you must use 2.2k resistors (red-red-red-gold). If you don't, inputs of the 2035XD and outputs of the QD card will be toast. Now check section 5.2 (page 8) for pinouts of the big connector. You will see that pins B2, B3 and B4 for example are used as open collector outputs (NPN) so all we have to do is hook it up... NOTE1: that +12-24V terminal shown as part of the PLC is actually positive of your 24VDC power supply, not PLC so wire DIR+ and STEP+ directly to +24V in your panel. NOTE2: If you want to use 5V power supply, don't use resistors (replace resistors with jumpers) and wire DIR+ and STEP+ to +5VDC. Note that negative of this 5V power supply must be connected to B3 of the QD card (PULSE_COM). 2035xd.pdf

Thankyou Panic Mode! You are great!!! I'll try it out. :) I wish I was so good in plcs like you too!

you are welcome... this is what circuit really looks like: