Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rlbarras

Timer Display Question

7 posts in this topic

This should be an easy one for you guys. I have a timer address, T4:2, the timer base is 1.0, how do I display that timer in the Panelview. The operator needs to see when this thing times out, and its giving me hell trying to display it. I guess I'm not setting up the tag correctly. I'm using a PLC 5/30 and a Panelview 1400 with Panelbuilder 1400e. I know what ya'll are thinking, but yeah my clients aren't ready to upgrade their equipment yet.

A time remaining display may be the most usefull to your client. In the PLC branch off the Timer instruction and add SUB T4:2.PRE T4:2.ACC with some N address as the destination. This will give your client a timer display that counts down the time reamining to zero. In panel view all that is needed is a simple numeric display addressed to the N register you selected to put the result in.

oK i'm gonna try it. That sounds like it will work perfect. Thanks for the help.

Is your 1400E of the DH+ or RIO type. IF it is RIO then you'll have to worry about Block transfers and the B registers of the PV being mapped to integers in the PLC 5. If it is DH+ then you can map directly to the N mentioned.

Its RIO, but the way its setup, I already tried it and it works well. Thanks for the advice

Save your self some grief today and start an excel mapping spreadsheet for tracking B files to their block transfers and final PLC tags. I've found this invaluable on RIO 1400E

Good Advice... I'm coming in on the back end of this system, but as I get more into it, I will get this code documented better.