Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
balla

Comm_req Master PLC IC200UAL to IC693UAA

6 posts in this topic

Can you help have been trying to communicate from 90 series pLC's using self consytucted cable from port 2(master on IC200UAL PLC to port on IC693UAA0 I have connected ctsa-rtsa and ctsB-rtsB on both CPU's and connected RDA,RDB and SDA and SDB on 15-pin CPU's.Also port jumper 9&10 on slave. No response when commreq initialised. I am running comm_req on master but no software on slave but in run mode. Can anyone advise. Cheers Balla

The cable diagram you need is in GFK-0582 Appendix H, you can download it from: http://globalcare.gefanuc.com/search/glbCareProdManuals.asp You can also find it in other manuals but if you are doing GE Fanuc PLC to PLC communications this is the one you want.

Thanks Sparky i found drawings inSection H for Multidrop system.What I intend to do is run the comm_req continually and if comms failure drive a output on the master PLC. Will this work with multidrop cable as per connectionsand versa pro comm_req running in master with no Programmer connected Thanks Balla

If you do it all right it will.

Hi Sparky, Now running okay with Comm_req.Quick question will I now be able to control mt slave PLC from master and if so how do I address it. Thanks for your help Balla

All answers are in the manual that you downloaded. You may try addressing it as "MrPLC".