Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
titan

Login page for citect/SCADA

5 posts in this topic

Hi, i want to create a login page for the user to login, can anyone help me with it? Thanks.

Not specific to citech. Login pages are easily created by taking the user to a window/page where all they can do it enter a userid and/or password into data boxes. when they choose accept then you validate their entry either against a database of plc register. If successful they are taken to the main menu. Failure takes them to a try again message window. To be robust, an idle timer must take the user back to the login screen.

Ya. That is what i want to do in SCADA/Citect, can you teach me how to do it? Maybe step by step e.g. what page/function/tags should i create?

Search Citect on-line Help for a function called "LoginForm()" This function will display apop-up that will allow a user to enter their name and password. It will return a 0 if login is OK.

Description Displays a form in which a user can log in to the CitectHMI/SCADA system by entering their name and password. If the login is correct, the user is logged into the CitectHMI/SCADA system with the area(s) and privilege(s) assigned to them in the Users database. This function is a blocking function. It will block the calling Cicode task until the operation is complete. Return Value 0 (zero) if successful, otherwise an error is returned. Related Functions Login Examples System Keyboard Key Sequence Login LoginForm Display the Login form Comment Allow user login Buttons Text Operator Login LoginForm Display the Login form Comment Allow user login I found this in Citect help, but how can i create this login page? The help page does not state how to create a login page. For example in VB.net, to create a login page, i create a page with buttons and functions added. Is this the same for Citect?