Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Raphael S.

Allen Bradley CompactLogix Stepper Control

3 posts in this topic

Hello Everybody, I am currently looking for some information on single-axis Stepper Motor Control solutions for the Allen Bradley Compactlogix Platform. Several people have suggested that I purchase the Advanced Micro Controls Inc (AMCI) CompactLogix Module, part number 3601. I have never used an AMCI controller before, however they have a great reputation, and their website www.amci.com certainly represents a company with expertise in stepper motor control (controllers, drives, and motors). Has anyone had any experience with AMCI's CompactLogix 3601 single-axis stepper motor controller module? If yes, could you please share your insights, thoughts, comments, etc... Thanks so much!

This is a very nice product; AMCI actually makes the SLC stepper module (1746-HSTP1) which is a very mature & reliable product. The CompactLogix module pre-defines all of the module tags for you. Kind of neat - it uses the same word for config & data by toggling bit 15 of word 0. It will even do blended moves. Attached is an example program. AMCI_tst1.ACD

To mgvol, Thanks for your input and the sample program...both were instrumental in my decision to contact AMCI's offices direct. Besides a great stepper controller for CompactLogix, they also boast a very knowledgeable sales department! -Raphael