2 replies to this topic

#1 aVi

Hi, I am New!

• MrPLC Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
    United States

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:28 AM

I'm working on integrating a PID for tension control into a CS1G-H processor. I have already been able to successfully implement this PID in a similar application with a Siemens 313C PLC using their integrated PID. So far I am optimistic but, Siemens has an Initialize integral action bit which presets the integral component of the PID when set. I have been unable to recreate this function in Omron's PID. Is such a function possible with PID(190)?

#2 Sleepy Wombat

Sleepy Wombat

Controls Engineer

• MrPLC Admin
  • 2000 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:00 AM

You are using the H series - i thought that the PID instruction in this series plc had an auto tune function.
Anyways, I am a bit unclear as to what you mean by pre set the integral.
You can set the P I and D via the corresponding memory areas determined by your control word.
There is a setup bit that alows dynamic chaning of the P I and D values while the PID is executing, if you do not set this bit then the P I and D settings will only be initalised on the up of the enable signal line for the PID.
Remember to set a value for the T constant also.

DEXA Pty Ltd

Design Engineering Xtreme Automation

We have a NEW website... check it out at

#3 ParaffinPower

• MrPLC Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
    United Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:11 PM

I think the OP meant Reset, not Preset the integral. I've had a look, and can't find anything, I'm afraid. I guess one of the 30 or so Words the PID intruction uses is the integral portion of the output. I'll try to decode it next time I'm using it...

Not sure here, but can you change the integral gain to 9999 (disabled); I don't know if the integral action will return to what it was or start at zero again when you re-instate the 'correct' I gain?

Edited by ParaffinPower, 13 December 2010 - 02:17 PM.

Download » CX-Programmer

No categories found.

Store » CX-Programmer

No categories found.

Articles » CX-Programmer

No categories found.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users