Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ranger80

AB DeviceNet minor recoverable fault

3 posts in this topic

AB 1756-DNB Devicenet Communication Module I currently have a minor recoverable fault error that I cannot get rid of or figure out why it is there. - Mod (flashing red), I/O(flashing green) - All devicenet wiring looks correct THings Ive Tried - Putting card in and out - Making sure there is 24VDC to it - Putting in another new card - Mod (flashing red), I/O(flashing green) - This is preventing me from downloading the scanlist threw rsnetworx Any ideas? Is there a way to reset the card?

The comms Control logix modules require a flash update, which you can get from the rockwellsoftware website. They are all shipped with non-functional firmware, for some strange reason-- that would explain the flashing red led for module. The flashing green for the network is good, since it indicates that a proper network exists, though scanlist items do not exist as indicated by the flashing. Make sure the firmware update matches your version of software - vitally important!!! Edited by pseudoquas

A-B ControlLogix-family controllers are shipped with boot firmware only, and all controllers require a firmware load to operate. Communication modules, including the EtherNet/IP, ControlNet, DeviceNet, and DH+/RIO modules, are shipped with current operating firmware preinstalled. The 1756-DNB DeviceNet scanner module has a dot-matrix display on the front that should be scrolling a status or error message. What does it say ? Are you seeing this "minor recoverable fault" error in RSLogix 5000 ? Is there an error code or description along with it ? Is there any message text accompanying the RSNetworx failure to download a scanlist to the 1756-DNB ?