Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest hurler

Linking Omron to Profibus

7 posts in this topic

Hi, this is probably a very basic question to be troubling yee guru's with but I'am new to Omron so bear with me. I have a Sysmac CS1G which I'am trying to link (as a slave) to a Profibus Network using a PRT21 Card with Programmer CX software. Is it just a matter of configuring the i/o table of the software with a special I/O unit and downloading to the PLC. Does the configuration software look after all the details of Unit Settings, control status area etc. or do I have need to enter this data via the user programme. When I tried the above I get an I/O Verification error and the Error Alarm Flashes on the CPU. Would anyone have an example of how this is done or a link to where I could find out more info on this. Any feedback appreciated. Thanks

Configuring the I/O table by hand is tricky at best. Fortunately, CX Programmer has a command to cause the PLC to create it's own I/O table and register it to the CPU. In the I/O table compoment, under Options|Create: (If it's greyed out, you'tre not in the Program mode)

Posted from an email by hurler: Hi Jay, firstly many thanks for your reply on my Profibus question. What I was wondering is how do I access the I/O that need to be sent/received via profibus. On my Profibus Configuration software ie Siemens Simatic S7 I have configured the Master to send receive 16 words. On my CS1G I have my special I/O Unit set to M/C1 (2010). Would I be correct in saying that in order for me to access the data I will need to access 16 words from D0000 onwards (Is this my buffer area) or do I need to access the unit settings to dictate the area to be accessed. If so how do I do this?. I'am sorry for having to bothering you on this but I just can't get my head around this. Again many thanks for your help - Hurler I can support you from the Omron end, but I'm on the road today and won't be able to reply until tomorrow.

Hi Jay, I suppose what I'am trying to say with the above is that in my user programme will I need to configure the I/O data mapping area. If so is it simply a matter of moving the data with the first scan to the appropriate areas such as with the following. Example: Special Unit = M/C1 Move #0001 to D20100 (User Defined Mapping) Move #0000 to D20101 (Start Input Address D00000) Move #0016 to D20102 (16 Words) Move #0001 to D20103 (User Defined Mapping) Move #0000 to D20104 (Start Output Address D00000) Move #0016 to D20105 (16 Output Words) Move #0001 to D20106 (Input Format) Move #0001 to D20107 (Output Format) Move #0001 to 2010 (Enable Profibus Module Module) I've actually tried this but still have the BF Fault. Could it be possible that the error is from the Master side of things? Again, thanks for your help

Amazing! I just got through doing this same setup last week. You've got it almost right. The problem is that your start input address and your start output address are both pointing at DM00000. If you are going to ask for 16 words, then you need to offset the output start address at DM00016. Example: Move #0001 to D20100 (User Defined Mapping) Move #0000 to D20101 (Start Input Address D00000) Move #0016 to D20102 (16 Words) Move #0001 to D20103 (User Defined Mapping) Move #0016 to D20104 (Start Output Address D00000) Move #0016 to D20105 (16 Output Words) Move #0001 to D20106 (Input Format) Move #0001 to D20107 (Output Format) Move #0001 to 2010 (Enable Profibus Module Module) Also using MOV statements will work, but not the first time. The data has to be there on power up when the module initializes. Could it be possible that the error is from the Master side of things? The master will have to be configured correctly for the BF light to go off, but get the slave set up properly first. You may need to post the Profibus master question over in the Siemens section as I am dangerous with their configurator.

Jay, well spotted. Just on the above. "Also using MOV statements will work, but not the first time. The data has to be there on power up when the module initializes" Is there a way of doing this?. I can imagine this is my problem and that the I/O Module isn't being enabled. Thanks

Using the Memory component of CX Programmer or the Watch window of CX Programmer, set the DM's to the appropriate values. Since DM's are data retentive, they will retain their values even through a power down cycle until you decide to change them.