Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cool341

PanelView Plus Third Party communication over Ethernet/IP

4 posts in this topic

Hi, Anybody here having any idea about how to communicate PanelView Plus to some other PLC/Device (non-AB) over Ethernet/IP. Even small clues will help...... Please suggest!! Thanks and Regards Rohit

What third party devices are you thinking of?

Any third party controller which is CIP based or can communicate over Ethernet/IP. For example, OMRON has come up with a special Ethernet/IP Interface to communicate with Logix controllers, now if I want to connect PVP directly to OMRON over Ethernet/IP. How can I communicate? According to my understanding there are two ways of doing that i) through Kepserver ii) by some setting/configuration in RSLinx Enterprise. And as of now in Kepserver no such driver has been developed(I may be wrong) and about RSLinx Enterprise i have no idea. If anybody has done similar thing or facing similar problem......please share your knowledge!! Thanks and Regards Rohit

Can you give a link to the Omron interface? If it is made to talk to the Logix platform then I know I could make it work with a Standard Panelview. I'm not saying it can't be done with a Panelview Plus but you may need to go a different route